Sunday, December 22, 2013

2 days to go!

As I wait ... and wait... and wait... and wait... for little Olivia to make her appearance, I figured I would finally start something I've been wanting to start for a long time.. a blog! Since we are far from many of our dearest family and friends, I thought that this would be a nice outlet to share our experience as new parents through pictures, videos, and stories of Olivia.

Speaking of the little nugget, she must be very comfortable in my belly. I wonder if she knows that as much as I love her (already) very dearly, I do not love the lower back pain that she is causing (not on purpose, of course), nor do I love waking up 17 times in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom only to return to the bed to sleep on my side (I am a stomach sleeper). Yes, I know, I know - the bathroom trips that keep me up at night are preparing me for the many, many, sleepless nights ahead of me.

Speaking of sleep, every morning for the past week I've woken up, turned to Adam and said, "I hope you appreciated your sleep last night because that's the last night of sleep you're going to get for a longggg time." Well - so far, I haven't exactly been right, but maybe, just maybe, this morning was the last time I'll say that!

Waiting is such a funny thing. You are pregnant for 10 months and once you get through the nausea (which for me took many months) - and the just feeling "bloated" - you start really feeling pregnant and realizing the enormity of bringing a child into the world, being a parent, and just how much life will change. As the months have gone by, I wonder what she will look like, what she will be like, if I'll be a good mom, what headband I will put on her first... :)

And now, 2 days away from my due date, of course, I analyze every movement in my body, wondering if it's a contraction, but knowing that I will know as soon as those start. I think about labor and if I will make it through (everyone does it, so I can too, right?)... and more importantly, wondering if Adam will make it through. He is in the operating room all day every day, yet when I talk to him about my labor, he seems to be more freaked out than I am. (Sorry Adam - these are our family and friends reading this - they still think you're tough). Let's only hope that he doesn't end up in the hospital bed next to me. Good thing my mom drives fast because I might need my parents to speed down 95 to support my husband through the delivery :)

So the waiting continues. I will go to my Barre class this morning, hoping that the exercise will bring on some contractions, and grateful that it will provide some distraction from all of the waiting... at least for the hour I'm there. I know what you're thinking - "appreciate the time you have now because your life is about to change." Easier said than done, people. I have appreciated my alone time as much as I'm going to at this point and I am ready to meet my baby... as ready as I can be.

In my next post I hope to be introducing Olivia to all of you, and until then, I will continue dreaming about her - this little being that I love so much already.

Our pregnancy journey through pictures...












6 comments:

  1. love love love! yay!!! you did it! what a good first post, really adorable pictures, and so relatable.
    can't wait for the next one!! (maybe tonight is it???)
    xoxo

    {ps, my phone is currently sitting in a bag of rice, so if you feel like texting me, please just email me. k thanks. :) }

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Very cute and this will be so wonderful for us to keep up with all that baby news. Enjoy these last few days before your life is transformed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyyy Julie!! I can't wait to be your devoted reader!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading the first post and love the pictures. Good luck the next few days. Looking forward to the pictures of baby Olivia!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending much love. You should blow up that last picture and put it on a wall in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending much love. You should blow up that last picture and put it on a wall in your house.

    Love,
    Mikey

    ReplyDelete